Where do you want to start? Request more info

First Name* is valid

First Name* is invalid

Last Name* is valid

Last Name* is invalid

Work E-Mail* is valid

Work E-Mail* is invalid

Organization* is valid

Organization* is invalid

Phone (Optional) is valid

Phone (Optional) is invalid

is valid

is invalid


Launch a quick multiple choice, rating or scale (1-5) poll to get a quick consensus.

Launch Now


Use POPin to ask multi-question surveys with robust reporting to drive employee engagement.

Launch Now


Have an honest conversation by allowing your participants to see, comment and vote on each other's answers to your question.

Launch Now

Live Event

Engage your audience by presenting their ideas during your live meeting or event.

Launch Now

Invited to join someone's POPin? Click the join link that was sent to you. Need Help?

POPin Blog

Oh Happy Day

TINYhr recently released its 2015 ‘Best Industry Ranking Report’ – which answers the question of how the industry they’re in affects employee happiness – and we were fascinated by some of the findings. Hold on to your hard hats folks, but the industry with the highest ‘happiness quotient’ is Construction and Facilities Services. They found that it was primarily driven by two things: 1) satisfaction with colleagues, and 2) satisfaction with job and projects. More than a third (34 percent) of workers in Construction and Facilities agreed with the statement, “I work with great people.” Some 19 percent said they were excited about work and projects, and 10 percent “enjoy a positive work environment.” Only 10 percent say they enjoy a positive work environment? Only 34 percent think they work with great people? So what is it that we find so fascinating? The other 66 percent! Wow. So even the ‘happiest’ aren’t all that happy folks. Let’s look at this a bit more. According to the survey report, the top three drivers of workplace dissatisfaction are:
  1. Unsupportive managers;
  2. Not having the right tools to do the job; and,
  3. Little to no opportunities for advancement.
So no real surprise with that, but it does reiterate the point that workers are human and desire positive social interaction and some degree of intellectual stimulation to be satisfied. The report also links employee engagement/happiness to innovation, retention, and revenue — all things business leaders are interested in. Also from the report: “Transparency is the No. 1 factor contributing to employee happiness. Organizations that fail to share information and trends will have unhappy employees.” We recognize that happiness is relative. But really, if you want your employees to be as happy as they can be, reward good behavior (so you get mindful colleagues and supportive managers), hire for work fit (so people like what they’re doing), and ask for input. Our experience shows that there’s much greater buy-in through active engagement. These engaged employees are more productive, they’re better with the customers, and they increase the bottom line. Because what we’re really after are team members who care as much about the business as the owner (CEO) does. Employees have a deeper sense of ownership and the team walks away with actionable ideas instead of social noise and ideally, you’ve established a vehicle for on-going participation. Not convinced? Then take a quick look and listen to Robin Gordon, SVP at Corelogic to see how collaboration and employee engagement is fundamentally changing the corporate culture and improving employee happiness.