What is Crowdsourcing
Crowdsourcing allows you to engage a group of people from varied backgrounds online towards a common goal such as problem solving. It relies on new technologies and social media to connect people. Growing connectivity between industries and regions both locally and internationally makes it possible for individuals to contribute their time, expertise and ideas to a project or cause. Ultimately, crowdsourcing helps business share their challenges and get more people involved in the problem solving process. The Role of Crowdsourcing
Today’s businesses thrive on input and inclusion from all quarters. There is no strict distinction between producers and consumers; everyone has the tools to create as well as consume. In the workplace, a leader can no longer rely entirely on the management team for feedback and ideas. Crowdsourcing helps include the entire team in the problem solving process. Proper utilization of the crowdsourcing platforms improves the decision-making process. Leaders get honest feedback on different matters, allowing them to figure out the truth and consult on the best way forward. Employees’ confidence and productivity improve, as they know the leadership values their opinions. Traditional consultation takes time especially when involving the entire team. Through crowdsourcing, POPin
lets you get answers to a specific question in 72 hours or less. Leaders enjoy a lighter workload, faster results and an inclusive solution for the company. Crowdsourcing allows buy-in, transforming the decision-making into a collective, all-inclusive process, as opposed to it being ‘the boss’ decision’. Advantages of Crowdsourcing
Crowdsourcing helps businesses resolve specialty problems while allowing your team members and customers to contribute anonymously to the solution-seeking process. Some of the benefits of using a crowdsourcing platform
- The leadership can fully utilize its human resource in identifying and resolving the biggest pain points affecting service delivery, productivity and growth among others
- Businesses can identify bottlenecks faster, and work towards empowering the team to own the processes, improving morale and overall efficiency
- Crowdsourcing makes project execution easier. Project leaders uncover obstacles faster, with the help of the team, which enables long-term project success
- Products enjoy long-term success in the market because customers continually give their voice to the production process
- Strategy making becomes a custom and personalized process that caters to the needs and interests of all stakeholders
- As a marketing tool, crowdsourcing helps marketers leverage the resources and creativity of consumers in developing services and products to meet specific consumer needs. The production journey benefits in initial market research; identifying market gaps; prototyping and product testing.
- Crowdsourcing save on labor expenses. Employees and consumers can log into the platform at their own time and pace. You do not need a team of people walking around with questioners
When crowdsourcing, business leaders must proceed with caution, especially when involving consumers: there must be checkpoints to avoid creating a public relations nightmare. Consumers must get rewards in term of products and services that satisfy their need or other business practices that acknowledge their input such as recognition, freedom and honesty.